BEFORE YOUR COSMETIC TATTOO APPOINTMENT
READ THIS BEFORE YOUR COSMETIC TATTOO APPOINTMENT
In preparation of your cosmetic tattoo…
– Kindly pause on using any retinol, glycolics and vitamin c serums 4 weeks prior to your microblading appointment as well as for the 4 weeks post procedure. Once you resume using these skincare products again refrain from applying directly to the tattooed area as these chemical exfoliants can affect pigmentation as well as pigment retention.
– All facial treatments including lasers, peels, facials, fillers and Botox should be done 4 weeks prior to your appointment and avoid scheduling these services until at least 4 weeks post procedure.
– Please be aware if you plan to receive any laser hair removal or laser facial treatments to make the technician aware of your cosmetic tattoo as the laser can negatively affect the color of the pigment
– Avoid tanning 2 weeks prior to your appointment and 2 weeks post procedure.
– If you are currently taking antibiotics please wait to schedule your cosmetic tattoo until you have completed the antibiotic treatment.
– Please kindly reschedule your appointment if you have a sunburn/flaking/active acne in the brow or procedure area as we will not be able to proceed with them treatment
– Please avoid alcohol, caffeine, blood thinners, and fish oil 24 hours prior to your appointment
Lip Blush clients:
– If you are prone to cold sores or have ever had a cold sore in your life you MUST take an antiviral medication at least 3 days prior to your appointment. You may also consider taking lysine supplements. Trauma from Lip Blush tattooing will cause an outbreak without proper preparation.
-If you’d like to prep your lips for the procedure, you may consider using a lip scrub (coconut oil + sugar works great!) for a few days before your appointment to keep your lips smooth and moisturized
You are not a good candidate for cosmetic tattoos if the following applies to you; if you have any questions regarding any of these conditions please email me directly!
* Chronic anxiety
* Sick: (cold, flu, etc.)
* Pregnant or Nursing
* Major Heart Problems including artificial heart valves
* Viral Infections/ Disease including HIV and hepatitis, liver disease and immune disorders
* Sensitivities or allergies to makeup
* Taking blood thinning medication or immunosuppression me
* Botox in the past Month
* Accutane in the past year
* Are at a high risk of infection
* Chemical peel or laser treatment within the past month
* Psoriasis, Rash or Sunburn on or Around Treated area
* An Allergy to Lidocaine, Tetracaine or Epinephrine.
* Previous Permanent Makeup (please email us photos if you have previous permanent makeup so we can discuss with you what the best treatment option would be)
* High blood pressure or low blood pressure
* Cancer/chemotherapy in the last 6 months
* Keliod scars
* Anemia (must be taking iron supplements 6 weeks prior to procedure and 6 weeks post procedure)
SUPER NATURAL BROW ENHANCEMENT (MICROBLADING)
SUPER NATURAL BROW ENHANCEMENT (MICROBLADING) AFTERCARE
While we can never fully guarantee the end result of cosmetic tattoos as everyone retains pigment differently and will heal differently due to a wide variety of variables, diligently following your aftercare is imperative to achieving the best healed results possible. If you feel you would be unable to follow these aftercare instructions properly then please be aware that you are most likely not a good candidate for microblading. Also, if you have any questions in regards to aftercare or the healing process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
We believe that a less is more approach to healing your beautiful new brows is best! Keeping them clean, dry and applying the thinnest amount of prescribed aftercare is key in addition to following our recommended do’s and dont‘ s.
IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING YOUR APPOINTMENT:
2-3 hours after your appointment gently rinse your brows with water using the pads of your fingertips to gently rinse away the lymph and plasma that has begun to accumulate. Use the clean gauze provided in your touch up kit to pat dry. Avoid using anything abrasive or non sterile (such as a towel or wash cloth) to dry your brows during the healing process; the best choice is a clean paper towel. Always gently pat dry and do not rub.
Apply a very thin layer of the prescribed aftercare ointment (think rice grain amount) using a clean qtip to each brow 1 time per day.
DAYS 1-10 POST APPOINTMENT
-The goal is to keep your brows as clean, dry and protected as possible! Avoid moisture, water, sweat, sun, makeup and anything else on the brows other than the recommended aftercare for at least 10 days post procedure.
-Keep them dry! Avoid direct shower stream, splashing water directly onto face, steam, saunas, jacuzzis, pools and all other bodies of water for 10 days.
-Keep them clean and free from bacteria, oil etc by gently rinsing with water in the AM and PM and patting dry with a paper towel. If you exercise or do an activity that causes you to sweat, immediately rinse brows afterwards and pat dry. Do not use cleansers or soaps on the brow area for the first 10 days; use water only to gently cleanse.
-Blot! Gently blot your brows using a clean single use blot paper 3x per day for normal skin and up to 6x per day for oily skin for the first 10 days.
-Moisturize! For the first 7 days post procedure use a clean q tip to apply a rice grain amount of the prescribed aftercare to brows. Using only a thin layer will ensure that the brows can still breathe and heal properly. And never apply ointment to brows that are still wet; ensure they are completely dry before applying ointment.
-Do not pick at the scabs or itch your brows. The goal is to allow the scabs to shed naturally. Prematurely picking at the scabs can lead to scarring as well as pigment loss.
-Avoid sweaty and intense exercise for 5-7 days post procedure as both the salt in sweat as well as the increase in blood pressure due to exercise can affect pigment retention and overall healing. Minimal sweating (such as light yoga or Pilates) is permissible but be sure to immediately rinse your brows following any activity.
-Avoid applying any makeup, sunscreen, petroleum based products and in general anything other than the recommended aftercare for the first 10 days.
After 10 days apply sunscreen to the brows daily to protect your investment.
FIRST 4 WEEKS POST APPOINTMENT:
-No facials, Botox, chemical treatments and facial lasers for at least 4 weeks post procedure. Avoid glycolic acid, retinol, peels and exfoliants and any lightening products (including hydroquinone) in the brow area to avoid lightening or altering the pigment. If you receive any laser facial treatments or hair removal in the future be sure to inform the technician that your brows are tattooed as the laser can affect the pigment.
-Avoid direct sun exposure/tanning beds for at least 4 weeks post procedure. Wear a large hat and sunglasses when exposed to sun to prevent fading and discoloration.
-Do not bleach or tint the brow area for 4 weeks post procedure and do not receive any waxing or threading services until your brows are fully healed.
LASHLINE ENHANCEMENT AFTERCARE:
-Lashline enhancement will heal very quickly with minimal aftercare needed. Keep the area clean and use a small amount of prescribed ointment. Light to moderate swelling and redness is to be expected. Do not pick at the scabs simply allow them to shed naturally.
-Avoid wearing makeup in the eye area for 3-5 days and switch out your previous mascara for a fresh tube to avoid introducing bacteria to the treatment area.
LIP BLUSH AFTERCARE
Lip Blush aftercare is essential to the appearance and longevity of your lips. Please read the following instructions carefully:
Immediately following the procedure, lips will likely feel dry, chapped, tight and tender to the touch. They may appear swollen and bright in color.
For 4 hours after treatment, apply light pressure on lips with a clean gauze, to remove any lymph. After 4 hours, start applying Glossed aftercare ointment as needed to keep lips constantly moist. You may also use a tiny ice pack on your lips to help reduce swelling.
Be gentle! No kissing, rubbing or friction on treatment area
Apply ointment on lips several times a day. Keep lips moist at all times. Avoid oily, spicy and heavily seasoned food and drink with a straw. After every meal gently rinse and clean lips with water and pat dry, then re-apply ointment.
Between these days, lips go through the process of peeling, and color will lighten by 30%-50%.
Do not pick or rub your lips and let the peeling happen naturally. Continue keeping your lips moist.
Lips are done peeling, color is light. You may return to normal routines. Lips will continue to heal, up to 6 weeks. Every week more color will bloom, it is important to continue keeping lips moist to get the best color at the end of the healing phase.
The following must be avoided during all 14 days post treatment:
- Increased sweating
- Practicing sports
- Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- Exposure to UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the treatment area
- Touching of the treatment area except for when applying the post-care ointment with a cotton swab
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the treatment area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
Your lips are healed and you’re feeling groovy. Just add some lip gloss and go! In most cases it requires two treatments to complete the lip transformation.
*Contact a physician if you experience the following: fever, redness at the site, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, elevated body temperature, red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, and/or any green/yellow discharge that is foul in odor.
Tina Davies Day by Day healing click here
LASH LIFT AFTERCARE
-For best results, arrive with lashes clean and free of makeup / mascara
-Avoid getting the lashes wet for the first 24 hours post Lash Lift
-Avoid rubbing your lashes or sleeping on your face the first night
-It is totally fine to still rock mascara, just make sure it is not waterproof
-For best results, arrive with brows clean and free of makeup
-Avoid getting the brows wet for at least the first 24 hours post Brow Flip
-Use the Cold-Pressed Organic Castor Oil serum provided 2-3 times per week to keep brows conditioned and healthy
SALINE TATTOO REMOVAL
SALINE TATTOO REMOVAL AFTERCARE
KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to air. Do not cover with a band-aid and do not touch the area unless you just washed your hands
CLEANSE 2 x daily with saline. Dampen a cotton pad or gauze with over the counter saline and blot the area to cleanse. DO NOT ICE AS THIS CONSTRICTS THE BLOOD VESSELS
DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. Try to avoid getting the area wet while in the shower. If it does get wet, gently pat dry
NO BATHING, SWIMMING, SAUNAS, HOT TUBS, TANNING, OR EXERCISING for 2 weeks after procedure giving “crust” a chance to form
DO NOT DISRUPT, SCRATCH OR PICK SCABS the unwanted pigment will be drawn into the scab so it’s important to keep the scab as long as possible. Allow it to heal and fall off naturally
TREAT AREA WITH TLC Do not do anything that could compromise or cause problems to the treated area
ONCE ALL SCABBING FALLS OFF apply one drop of Vitamin E oil 3-4 times a day for a minimum of 4 weeks. Do NOT start applying the Vitamin E until all scabs have fallen off naturally
Please note: it is common for the skin to stay pink or reddish for a few weeks as the skin is in it’s regeneration process. Skin should return to normal coloring within 8weeks of the procedure.
Please wait 4-8weeks for your next cosmetic tattooing or removal procedure